Eye Care and Optical Store in Warner Robins, Georgia
How can I get rid of reflections on my glasses?
If you’re experiencing annoying reflections on your lenses, have your optician replace the lenses with ones that include an anti-reflective coating (AR coating). Though this will come at an extra cost, the AR coating will help you see more clearly, let others see your eyes better and eliminate annoying glare spots on your lenses.
I’d like to know more about the glasses that transform into sunglasses.
Glasses that transform into sunglasses when in direct sunlight are known as photochromic lenses. The lenses darken once exposed to the sun’s ultraviolet radiation (UV) rays and progressively return to their clear state when no longer exposed to these rays.
Photochromic lenses are an excellent choice for those who wear glasses all day and regularly spend time outdoors, yet don’t want to invest in a pair of prescription sunglasses.
However, it’s important to note that most photochromic lenses don't darken as well when inside a vehicle. The windshield glass blocks much of the UV required to initiate the lens darkening process. Thus, it’s best to get a separate pair of prescription sunglasses for driving.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I choose glasses that my child will actually want to wear?
If you want your child to wear glasses, get him or her to pick them out. Whenever children choose glasses frames that they like and feel good wearing, they are much more likely to enjoy wearing them.
How can I prolong the life of my eyeglasses?
Below are a few tips to keep your glasses in great condition:
- If you're buying a single pair of glasses, avoid trendy frames that could soon go out of vogue.
- If your child’s prescription changes regularly, ask for the new lenses to be placed in the old frames, rather than purchasing new frames every time.
- Buy frames with spring hinges. These allow the temples to slightly flex outward without breaking the glasses.
- Apply scratch-resistant coating to the lenses.
Why do certain glasses leave indents on the sides of my nose?
When nose pads are maladjusted or too tight, they leave indents. Fortunately, this problem can be easily solved with a few adjustments by an optician who will ensure that the pair of glasses evenly distributes pressure on the nose, head width, and ears.
Why do my glasses cause pain behind my ears?
If the arms of the frame are bent too tightly around the ears, you will experience aches behind the ears. Ask your optician to loosen the arms and adjust them as needed for maximum comfort.
My glasses keep sliding off my nose. What should I do?
If your glasses aren’t sitting comfortably on your face, then there’s clearly an adjustment problem. Visit Brown's Eye Center in Warner Robins to adjust the frame width and bridge size.
How do I keep my glasses clean?
The most efficient method for cleaning glasses is to run them under water; place a tiny drop of dishwashing soap on the lenses and lather them using the tip of your finger. Rinse with warm water and dry using a microfibre cloth. Keep your lenses away from chemicals and high temperatures, as they can destroy the protective coating on your lenses.
Q: Why should I see an eye doctor when I can easily pick up an inexpensive pair of eyeglasses at the store?
- A: You should visit your eye doctor for several reasons.Routine eye exams are the only way to detect underlying diseases (i.e. glaucoma) in their early stages. When caught early, they can be more effectively treated before permanent vision loss occurs. Furthermore, the one-size-fits-all reading glasses that you find at a regular store doesn't correct for astigmatism or those with differing eye prescriptions. This is something only an eye doctor, such as Dr. Anania, can provide.
Q: When buying reading glasses at a pharmacy or corner store, how do I know which prescription to get?
- A: Off-the-shelf glasses should only be used for emergency situations, as they can’t perfectly correct your prescription. That said, it is recommended to get a slightly weaker correction than your usual prescription.
Quality Frames For Prescription Eyeglasses & Computer Glasses. Visit Brown's Eye Center for an eye exam and eyeglasses that match your style.